dinsdag 26 maart 2013

Review: Evanescence - The Open Door



 Aledawn Reviews 
Evanescence
The Open Door




I am reviewing some music today, and not any particular music, but one of my favorite albums ever. The Open Door by Evanescence came out in October 2006 and makes, quite an old album. But it was the first we heard of the band since Fallen came out in 2003. In meantime of course they gave us Anywhere but Home, but since that was a live album/dvd it does not count in the direction of new. I first heard it when it came out and their opening single, "Call Me When You're Sober" struck me as what it was. An abuse by a drunken man who could only say I love you when he had to much to drink. 

I myself was in a troublesome period at that time and I remember that there were a few songs during that time that could get me through the rough patched. The songs where "Lithium", "Snow White Queen" and "Good Enough". 

Where Lithium and Snow White Queen oppressed by deepest and darkest intentions of making me unleash the anger and fear within, Good Enough soothed me into this lullaby dream state. I listed to the album for several times before noticing that the position of the songs was just right that I would mostly listen to it about an hour for bed time on any given bad day and I would be able to unleash the anger within and be soothed by the last song for bed. 

I succeeded into converting people who never heard of the band, to give it a shot. For people with the same experience in their past and present as I had, it was the perfect get out. For me it was all there, and fairly simple. Even though the words of the lyrics still catch me by surprise, I do have to admit that without this album I might have fallen into a deep(er) depression then before. As I mentioned above, The Open Door belongs to one of my favorite albums. Even if the rest of the collected works of Evanescence isn't that high upon my list (with the exception of a few amazingly individual songs) this is still my go to album every time I had a bad day, feel sad or start getting depressed with issues over men. 


The Album the Open Door by Evanescence can be purchased at your local CD store or by looking on the internet. It sincerely is my go to album when it comes to dealing with everything bad. 




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten