dinsdag 2 april 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2013

Dear Readers, Followers and Fans,

It's that time of the month again! NaNoWriMo. Wait, wasn't that only in November? Well, yes and no. Yes, the official NaNoWriMo is in November, but I am participating in it's spin-off. Camp NaNoWriMo. I have already set my personal word count. 25.000 words. This word count is the half of the regular November edition of NaNoWriMo and it could be set before April 1st. You could choose your own. Maybe less because you didn't get the word count in November. Maybe more because you doubled your amount of words.

Me? I am writing my special story again.

From Moonlight to Stardust. 



 Synopsis:
When Autumn is given the choice, live or die - she chooses to live. Even though it means she has to drink blood and leave her family. She joins James, her vampire maker and goes with him to The Academy of Broken Twilight. She meets a lot of different supernatural beings here and makes friends. They train to become demon hunters. When on a dark night a training turns into a mission, Autumn tries her best to save not only her skin, but those of her friends as well.
Excerpt:
This is a piece of a dream - but found it accurate to place because it set's the mood for the overall story.
I was running through the hills which lay green as ever. With the sunlight blazing up my skin. The sky was a perfect forget-me-not-blue and the wind was playing with my ash blond locks, which flowed naturally to my waist. I wore a moss green velvet dress. Not an everyday dress, but one that I had seen women wear during the renascence fair. I was darting at a light speed. I was enjoying myself and the wind played not only with my locks, but also with the bottom of the dress. A man was following me, but I seemed to enjoy this because every time he stopped, I yelled for him to come closer. He wore a brown pair of pants and a cream colored pirate shirt. His hair was long for a man, it fell to over his shoulders. He wore no shoes and as I looked down, neither was I. The man finally caught up with me and swept me in his arms. He twirled me around and kissed me deeply. I held him against my shoulder and closed my arms around his neck. He was not going anywhere. For a moment, we both seemed perfectly happy with each other. The clouds overhead grew darker and I felt a storm was brewing.

“We need to depart, my beloved.” I said to the man.

“When will I see you again, my dearest?” the man asked me. His eyes where a dark brown and his face beheld a familiarity. He smiled a crooked smile that made wrinkles appear at the corners of his mouth. His hair was the color of wet dirt.

“Come to the old oak tomorrow at midday. And promise me you will make me your wife.” I said.

“I will. I shall.” The man said.

I kissed his lips before running of towards the village. The storm hit the village and most of it was destroyed during that night. I had a perfect excuse to leave the home. I was going to gather foods and mother should tell father not to worry. I was going to be fine, but we needed food. I sped up my pace after the last farmhouse was in sight. The sun that now shone bright again told me it was nearing midday. My love was to be waiting for the old oak and we were to leave and get married. After our marriage we could return home. My mother and father would forgive me for doing this, in the end they would.

When I finally came towards the oak, I found it deserted. Lightning had hit it so hard the trunk was split down the middle. The grass surrounding the oak was all burned and the smell was unbearable. I wept softly before the tree, it was a marvel of the earth. It did not deserve to be destroyed by one of nature’s outcasts. But I had promised to meet him here. I waited until the sun went down and then decided to go back home. My heart was broken and I wept tears until there were no more tears to be cried. I had nothing to show for myself and would get punished for coming home this late, empty handed.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten